ABOUT THE SERVICE
SHFPACT maintains a comprehensive, specialist Library & Resource Centre containing a large range of books, info sheets & pamphlets, teaching kits, videos and other information on sexuality and reproductive health topics.
The collection includes:
- A library of books, journals, pamphlets and other publications
- Bookshop with popular titles for sale
- Educational resources and kits including videos, charts, kits and CD Roms
- Contraceptive and Safe Sex Kits for hire or sale
- Anatomy charts, Magnell kits, condom demonstrators and educational games.
Anyone is welcome to join or visit the SHFPACT Library & Resource Centre - whether you’re researching a topic for personal or professional use, our friendly librarian can assist you to find the information you require.
You can contact SHFPACT's Library & Resource Centre in the following ways:
- Drop in during opening hours (Mondays and Thursdays 1pm to 4.30pm)
- Phone (02) 6163 3411 or (02) 6247 3411 (SHFPACT Reception)
- Fax (02) 6257 5710
You can also buy our books online > CLICK HERE!
The SHFPACT specialist Library provides a broad selection of items on sexual health and relationships, including:
- Information and general inquiries
- Pamphlets & referrals
- Book loans
- Reference collection (Journals & Clinical Guidelines)
- Video viewing facilities and photocopying available
- Historical Collection
We respond to specific requests for information from individuals and groups in the areas of:
- Disability & Sexuality
- STIs (Sexually Transmissible Infections) & Safe Sex
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth, Parenting
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
Videos, kits and other resources are available for hire to library members for a small fee. Late returns attract a fee.
Library Membership is included when you become a Member or Friend of SHFPACT. Join SHFPACT today!
The Resource Centre consists of a varied selection of videos, educational kits, models, posters and other teaching tools designed for teachers of primary and secondary students; youth and community workers, disability workers and other health professionals. The LRC has a video & DVD collection, and also offers educational kits, body charts, CD-ROMs and other teaching aids. For more information, please contact our Librarian on (02) 6247 3077.
- A booking service is available for educators wishing to reserve items for particular dates. Resource Centre Membership This membership entitles joining organisations to borrow up to five items (including videos, kits and resources) at a time.
- All hire costs are covered by the membership fee. Hire period time limits apply; late returns attract a fee.
Resource Centre membership is included for organisation who become Members or Friends of SHFPACT. Join SHFPACT today!