Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools | 2020
The goal of Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools is to increase teachers' skills and confidence in delivering sexuality and relationships education in schools. As ‘relationships and sexuality’ is a focus area in the Australia Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Australia Curriculum, 2018), teachers must deliver this content in schools.
Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools is designed to support teachers in delivering relationships and sexuality education to a high standard, fulfilling curriculum requirements and contributing to educating a generation of sexually healthy adults.
The program focuses on:
- Sexuality, Sexual Health and Relationships Education
- Relationships and Sexuality in the Australian Curriculum
- Overcoming barriers to effective Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Skills of effective Relationships and Sexuality Educators
- Creating a safe environment for Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Diversity (LGBTIQ, people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) and Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Practical Approaches to Relationships and Sexuality
- Answering difficult questions
- Responding to emerging trends in school communities
2020 COURSE DATES
In 2020, Teaching Relationships and Sexuality in Secondary Schools will run on the following dates:
SHFAPCT Training Room
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Avenue, Canberra City, ACT
*Note: If schools would like multiple members of staff trained, we are happy to provide the training ‘in house’ at schools.
The cost is $250 per participant.
*Note: A discount is available if 5 or more staff members attend from one school. The cost above does not include Eventbrite fees. Places are limited.