Relationships & protective behaviours training for teachers of pre school - grade 2
The goal of Relationships and Protective Behaviours Training is to build teachers’ skills and confidence in delivering education about the human body and relationships to their students. ‘Relationships’ and ‘Safety’ are focus areas of the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum (Australian Curriculum, 2018), therefore it is vital that teachers are familiar with current content and practices in these areas.
This training builds on teacher content knowledge and assists teachers to plan programs about the human body, relationships and social safety. Relationships and Protective Behaviours Training supports teachers to appropriately respond to difficult questions about the human body and how babies are made; early exposure to pornography and inappropriate behaviours in the classroom environment.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Benefits of relationships and protective behaviours education in Australia
- Overview of the psychosexual development of children
- Understanding and identifying the psychosexual stages of development
- What’s age appropriate?
- Communication skills to teach students about relationships and protective behaviours
- Responding to challenging behaviours in the classroom
- Answering difficult questions
2023 COURSE DATES
$200 per participant.
Discounts are available if 5 or more staff members attend from one school or if a SHFPACT Organizational Membership is held by the school.
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Ave, Canberra City
Google Maps Link
This course is TQI Accredited
[Image Description: ACT TQI 2022 Accreditation Program Logo]