Responding to COVID-19
SHFPACT is open for face-to-face/in-person consultations with our doctors and nurses, and for counselling services. We are also offerring Telehealth consultations (criteria apply).
Some group work programs, and training activities are still affected by restrictions due to COVID-19. We are regularly reviewing our approach to providing these services and abiding by current government restrictions. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
SHFPACT has developed evidence-based protocols to keep both you and our staff safe by minimising risk of exposure to COVID-19.
The number of staff and clients on site at one time is limited to meet physical distancing requirements. Staff are screening for any risk of exposure or symptoms, and are well educated in following hand hygiene protocols.
We also have strict cleaning protocols in place where the clinic room where you are seen is cleaned thoroughly after each client.
When booking your appointment, you will be asked questions about your risk of having COVID-19, if you have recently visited an area where there is a COVID-19 outbreak, or if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. On arrival at your appointment you will be asked these questions again and your temperature will be checked. We have hand sanitiser on site that you will be asked to use on arrival and in the clinic room.
If you have any of the following symptoms of respiratory infection:
COUGH, FEVER, DIFFICULTY BREATHING OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH
Contact your GP or health service by telephone for more information and support.
The following appointments can be booked via Hotdoc for a phone consultation.
Sexual health services
- STI (sexually transmissible infection) screening, when you do not have any symptoms
- Follow up PrEP (continuing clients)
- Menopause Centre Canberra:
- Follow up menopause for continuing clients
- Contraception and reproductive health services:
- Repeat contraceptive pill prescriptions for existing clients
For other health services and information, please contact us by phone 6247 3077. Our staff will assist you to make an appointment with our doctors/nurses or refer you to other clinicians as appropriate.
We look forward to continuing to assist with your sexual and reproductive health needs.
EDUCATION & TRAINING PROGRAMS
- We have postponed face to face group programs until restrictions permit group activities to be undertaken confidently. We are offering one-to-one education and counselling supports via telephone, Skype, or Zoom for NDIS participants and their carers. Please contact us for more information.
- We have postponed face to face components of the Well Women's Screening Course for nurses currently. We are working to adapt the course requirements to the new restricted environment and will keep current participants informed.
SOSAFE! USER TRAINING COURSES
- We are contacting registered participants directly regarding new training dates. We have begun to reschedule training dates for later in the year. We do not want interstate participants to travel unnecessarily at this time, and any programs we do deliver will have very limited participants numbers to observe social distancing protocols. Please contact us for more information.
SCHOOLS EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
- SHFPACT will be guided by the policy and decisions of the schools who have requested services, and the ACT Education Directorate or Catholic Education office, in determining whether school-based education programs can be provided at this time.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- We are contacting people with existing bookings to ensure that activities do not increase the risk of community transmission, and to determine the urgency of the health education need.
Given the rapidly changing circumstances around the COVID-19 public health emergency, we advise you to continue to monitor the latest health information on the ACT Health Directorate website.