For over 40 years, SHFPACT has provided clinical and education services in Canberra and the region to improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes in our community. We invite you to support our organisation by becoming a member or friend today. Your membership helps us in the delivery of vital services for the Canberra community, and to be a stronger advocate for sexual and reproductive health across the region.
Within a framework of human rights and social justice values, SHFPACT continues to:
- Advocate for the right of individuals to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health
- Develop and distribute information and resources that allow people to make informed choices
- Make available low-cost clinical services to priority populations
- Deliver outreach clinical services & education to young people and people with disabilities
- Provide social safety and relationship skills workshops to people with a disability (including SHFPACT’s new Family, Friends and Lovers program for people with intellectual disabilities)
- Provide a range of workforce development opportunities for doctors, nurses, allied health, teachers, disability & other community workers to develop and improve skills in sexual and reproductive health and rights
Friend of SHFPACT
Becoming a ‘Friend of SHFPACT’ is a great way to show your support for the work and goals of our organization, without the obligations of Members to attend general meetings of the Association. Annual Friend of SHFPACT membership is $35.00 for individual community members ($15.00 concession), $60 for individual professional members, $110.00 for schools/nonprofit organizations,$220 for government/corporates. Reciprocal membership arrangements can be made with nonprofit community service organisations.
Sexual Health and Family Planning ACT Inc is endorsed as a Health Promotion Charity by the Australian Taxation Office, and is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). Donations of $2.00 or more are tax deductible for donors.
Friends of SHFPACT enjoy the following member benefits:
Special members discount rates for consultations at SHFPACT clinic and Canberra Menopause Centre
5% discount on bookshop purchases and free use of library services
Free or discounted attendance at health information and special events
For example: Healthy Menopause Information Evenings by the Canberra Menopause Centre, Parent Information Evenings about communicating with your children and young people about puberty, relationships, etc.
SHFPACT members enews that will keep you updated with special members events, activities and other SHFPACT services.
Professional and Organisational Members also enjoy:
- Discount on training course fees (10%)
- Discount rates on bookings for training/meetings rooms at SHFPACT
Become a Friend of SHFPACT > CLICK HERE!
Association member of SHFPACT
Members of the Association enjoy the same benefits as Friends of SHFPACT (listed above), and can contribute to the formal aspects of the organisation's life.A Member of SHFPACT has voting rights at our Annual General Meeting to elect SHFPACT Council Members. Council Members of SHFPACT are volunteers and receive no payment for their services.
Become a Association Member > CLICK HERE!
Already a member, you can renew your annual membership here!
SHFPACT RENEWAL FORM > CLICK HERE!