DOING ‘IT’ FOR THE FIRST TIME is a Teacher Quality Institute accredited professional development course designed to increase teacher skill and confidence in delivering sexuality and relationships education in schools. This day long training will be interactive and engaging, giving teachers the opportunity to participate in group activities that can be used with students in the classroom, and to reflect on teaching practice.
The course will cover:
- Comprehensive Sexuality and Relationships Education (CSRE): what is it and why is it important?
- Addressing barriers to delivering CSRE effectively
- Skills of effective CSRE teachers
- Age and stage appropriate content linked to The Australian Curriculum
- Insights from young people: what do they want and need?
- Inclusive CSRE: considering diversity in the classroom
- Finding, assessing and using quality resources
- Responding to emerging trends and concerns
DATE AND TIME
Tuesday 21 & Tuesday 28 August 2018
4:30 am – 7:30 pm
Youth Coalition of the ACT
46 Clianthus Street, O'Connor, ACT 2602