Nice to Meet Me (Autism Spectrum)
Exploring identity and communication in relationships. This program helps people develop a better understanding of themselves and their relationships.
This program is designed for people over the age of 16 who are on the Autism Spectrum with Level 1 ASD. The primary focus of the program is to build knowledge and strengthen the capacity of people to communicate and successfully navigate the physical, emotional and social aspects of healthy relationships.
Prior to commencing the program, a one-hour individual session helps us understand your individual needs and ensure that the most appropriate content, supports and delivery methods are offered to you.
If we can better meet your needs using a different program or format, we will offer to do this.
Once accepted to the program, it is run in a small group format and consists of seven two hour sessions. The program is tailored to the specific needs of individual participants, but generally focusses on the following outcomes:
- Identifying public and private body parts, places and behaviours
- Understanding how bodies grow and change over the course of our lives
- Correctly identifying a range of emotions and the ways they can be expressed
- Exploring different identities and how they may change over time for different people
- Understanding values and behaviours and the complexity of different types of relationships
- Building an understanding of consent in different contexts including communication skills
- Understanding the role that sexual feelings and expression play in our lives
- Understanding the importance of sexual health including contraception and STI prevention
- Building protective behaviours to develop healthy habits and prevent abuse
- Navigating on-line and social media and promoting cyber safety skills
Places are limited to a maximum of 8 participants. Each participant can choose to bring a support person with them if they would benefit from this. Sessions are usually held weekly over a seven week period.
$2,200 including GST. This can also be provided under the NDIS Category of Capacity Building/Increased Social and Community Participation for $2,000 (GST Free).
Sexual Health & Family Planning ACT
Level 1, 28 University Ave, Canberra City
Google Maps Link
BOOKINGS & QUERIES
- Created on .
- Last updated on .